1.02.2009

Precious Things

Each moment is an opportunity to appreciate. It's difficult, nearly impossible to capture each moment like the slides in a video. At least for me. But times like now, when I remember to breathe, observe, and reflect, wondrous things happen. Like attending a dinner that my children make, their first full meal, after having already eaten out with my 95 yr. old grandmother. I will eat whatever they place in front of me like it's the first meal I've had. I will snap shot their watching expressions full of pride and anticipation. As I enjoyed dinner and conversation with my grandmother, it is a time I've captured in my heart. Now I go eat this sumtioius meal by my children, guided by my mother, whom I'm sure has captured that moment in her heart.
These moments are precious.

No comments: